Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Long Time No Post

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last posted on this blog, but I'm not dead - I've been posting sporadically at my other blogs, Sweet Sewing Chronicles, and my new portfolio blog for fine art. Whilst I haven't been posting much, I have been doing a bit of sewing (okay, a very small amount, as you can see on my other blog) even though I've been really busy. Here's a list of things that have been going on in my life, that I've wanted to blog about or mention, but I just haven't had the time or energy!

  • At the end of October, it was my 18th birthday and I got some lovely presents, including an antique pendant from the 1890s, made of amethyst and gold. 

  • In November I went to Prague to see the sights, and met my dear friend Rosa in person for the first time! I had a wonderful time with my parents and friend, and have some very fond memories of the trip. 



  • I've done very little writing, but I'm pleased to say that my cover for my future novel, Roses for Margaret, has been completed by my friend, Nami - it's gorgeous!
  • For a late Christmas present, I received a lovely book called the Little Dictionary of Fashion by Christian Dior, from my girlfriend. It's inspired me to want to become more elegant fashion-wise (by 1950s, vintage standards, of course ;) I can't be doing with most boring, modern styles ;)), design and make more 1950s clothing for everyday wear, and even to buy a Miss Dior perfume, "as every woman should have a signature perfume"! I'm really craving some more 1950s style clothes right now, Dior style. 

  • I'm reading a lot, wanting to pick up more writing inspiration, and even reading a lot of audiobooks when my fatigue is too bad to do anything other than lie in bed.
  • Speaking of fatigue, my health recently has been bad, but I'm coming up with a plan to get it back on track, starting with a load of tests and appointments to rule things out first of all. 
  • Right now I'm on a family holiday in Tenerife, having a lot of fun and getting some sun in an otherwise miserable February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment